Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Record of Lodoss War: Kiseki no Umi (Full English Fandub)

Duration: 04:29 minutes
Upload Time: 2007-07-17 00:19:47
User: thedarknessvoid
:::: Favorites
:::: Top Videos of Day
Tags:

fan  dub  fandub  anime  record  lodoss  war  english  opening  theme  kiseki  umi  

Description:

This song is a favourite of mine-- Maaya Sakamoto is, in a word, amazing. I tried to maintain the poetic integrity of the original Japanese. It was pretty difficult, but I think I did a decent job. And here I haven't even seen a single episode of Record of Lodoss War... As far as the vocals go-- me and Sakamoto have completely different voices. I had to lower the backing track by a major third, which is quite a bit. Please bear in mind: I am in no way trying to imitate Sakamoto's style. She is a living legend, and it is not possible to do an impression justice. Translation: animelyrics.com Lyrics: The darkness moves around us Masking us within the ether Sightless now, we are searching And our voices cry out in vain But formless we find freedom Loss can be an inspiration The pain has cured my blindness I will go to the ocean that is made of tears Even though I am captive to this blood-red string Come, oh wind! I will face you now despite my fears Come, oh waves! I will surely conquer anything Why does war entice us, Beckon to us like a lover? How can we see the beauty Of a flower grown on a grave? I will seek out the future As fragile as it is precious I'll wait for you to find me I will go to the place where radiance appears There I know I will grant the prayer within my soul Come, oh wind! I will face you now despite my fears Come, oh fate! I will not let you impede my goal Come, oh love! You're the miracle for which I prayed I found joy in the bond that you and I have made Come, oh wind! I have long since ceased to be afraid Come, oh storm! Come unite us with a serenade

Comments

TerryBogard3 ::: Favorites  2007-12-19 15:41:08

Beautiful only one problem. The didn't call you for the english dubed anime.
__________________________________________________
egxtra ::: Favorites  2007-12-15 11:47:56

Despite lowering the tone, you've managed to capture the spirit of the song. Beautiful vocals, great lyrics.... One of the most impressive fandubs I've ever heard, and a full version, no less! Thank you so much!
__________________________________________________
JinxCadaver ::: Favorites  2007-12-04 15:36:19

this was absolutely fantastic, thank you for uploading
__________________________________________________
Featheredhat ::: Favorites  2007-11-25 02:31:23

I love what you've done with the translation. The ones I find online lack a lot of the poetic structure and the meaning is obscure. I never know if she is singing to the wind when Maaya speaks of the love, or if it's a metaphor for freedom, or FTW. Plus, your version maintains a coherence the online version does not. Also, you make a fairly good impression in the singing. Great job, and thanks.
__________________________________________________
CLWMariachi ::: Favorites  2007-11-22 12:04:04

this is amazing...very bold! i love this soooo much. no editing on the voice, no touch ups...like destructomonkey said, RAW...its amazing...great job
__________________________________________________
shojogrl ::: Favorites  2007-11-21 10:26:39

"A" for effort. You did better than I could have. For a fan version it's very good.
__________________________________________________
DestructoMonkey ::: Favorites  2007-11-08 01:32:29

I'd chalk it up to the equipment. This is raw and somewhat distorted, id imagine. And like the poster said, Saakamoto's voice is a lot more different so... Besides, the translation alone is amazing.
__________________________________________________
IsilionNELE ::: Favorites  2007-11-06 06:40:44

sheer perfection
__________________________________________________
Alexeon ::: Favorites  2007-10-29 03:50:18

I like this version, but I like the original more. :D This is also one of my favorite songs. Ever.
__________________________________________________
balizalai ::: Favorites  2007-10-19 20:01:09

i dont like this version
__________________________________________________
007ismyname ::: Favorites  2007-10-12 05:22:08

Nice work. I loved this version better than the original - much stronger. This key suits you better, in my opinion.
__________________________________________________
hokageNaruto85 ::: Favorites  2007-10-09 22:30:24

no offense but the voice is horrid the orgnial is so beautiful you ruined the song
__________________________________________________
Yoiko ::: Favorites  2007-10-09 18:13:46

I really like your translation, I think it's quite fitting and worthy of the song. I also enjoyed you voice. I think you did a really beautiful job. ^^
__________________________________________________
Suikotsu ::: Favorites  2007-10-08 18:57:07

Hai Hai hia...I like you singing this a lot...You did keep with the japanese beat.
__________________________________________________
megadude1 ::: Favorites  2007-10-08 09:23:10

I know this is in almost all of the comments on your videos but this is awesome
__________________________________________________

Other Video Blog Entries

ICv2 Conference part 2
SAD ANIMALS
NY Anime Festival Cosplay skit 2.
korean taiwanese look a like
The Evolution Of Dance
Merry Christmas - Geek plays jingle bells on a graphic card
The New York Anime festival opening ceremony.
Walkthrough tour at the NY Anime Festival. PT 1
The Pink haired superstar's anime dance bonanza!
I Ain't Never Seen Stompin' Like This
Gaara the Demon of Sand
Clip baptême
My Dog Has Trix Stuck To His Face.
Some great days
Hime and Nou Sing
Hawt Sora Dance (with Handcuffs)
Strutter Infommercial - Drug Sniper
FIGHT!!!
Front Flip Dismount 2nd Attempt
sofiko


 

No comments: